Working at Spartan. Join our Team.
DIVERSITY & CULTURE
We’re committed to providing an inclusive, diverse workforce and positve work environment.
HEALTH & SAFETY
We’re commited to providing a safe work environment for our people and the clients we serve. Safety is #1.
We’re committed to providing training, mentoring and industry experience for professional development.
We’re committed to providing advancement and long-term career opportunities based on performance and accountability.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
INSTRUCTOR – TRAINING SERVICES
FLEXIBLE, PART-TIME CONTACTOR * HAMILTON & CLIENT-SITES * BILINGUAL REQUIRED
Spartan Response is actively recruiting for a flexible, part-time instructor on a contractual basis to support our growing Training Services Division.
Our ideal candidate comes with a relevant industry background that includes both in-field and practical teaching experience who can deliver a broad range of our training programs in workplace safety, confined space and spill response.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned industry professional who can bring their years of industry knowledge, field experience and relatable stories to deliver value through Spartan’s Training Services.
The instructor’s mandate is to deliver a range of Spartan’s training programs in person at our training facility in Hamilton, on location at client sites, and in virtual on-line formats. Instructors are equipped with all of the required training materials, technology and administrative support.
In addition, the instructor would have the ability to assist with program audits with recommendations for content updates and alignment with government & health/safety compliance and quality assurance.
- To facilitate a range of Spartan Response training programs to our clients in accordance with our training program guidelines and quality standards. (In-Class & Practical Skills Assessments)
- Deliver training at our facility in Hamilton, client-sites and through virtual instructor-led online formats.
- Good command delivering training using digital technology and the ability to draw engagement with participants using relevant industry stories/examples and Q&A to enhance learning.
- Provide feedback and recommendations regarding training program content to support our quality assurance standards.
- The ability to deliver training in both English & French is required
- Driver’s License & flexibility to travel to client sites as required
- 3+ years of relevant industry field experience
- A minimum of 2 years facilitating training
- Good command of digital technology (laptop, connecting to projector, trouble-shooting)
- Good command of Microsoft Teams for Virtual Online Training
The ability to facilitate training in 2 or more of the following areas:
- Confined Space Entry
- Confined Space Rescue
- Basic Spill Response
- Book 7 Traffic Control
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
HOW TO APPLY
Email a copy of your resume to Spartan Response at
TEAM LEADER – HAZMAT TECHNICIAN
FULL-TIME • HAMILTON, ONTARIO
Spartan Response is recruiting to fill a Full-Time position for a Team Leader – HazMat Technician.
The Team Leader – HazMat Technician is responsible for supporting the Emergency Response division by leading a crew of HazMat Technicians to execute efficient 24/7 HazMat response services on client job sites in a professional and safe manner.
This position reports to the Field Operations Manager and is based out of our Hamilton office.
- Lead assigned client job sites by overseeing crews, delivery of services, job-specific documentation and the ability to liaise with clients.
- Strong knowledge of environmental legislation, standards, and guidelines
- Technical understanding of spill response procedures, containers, products, regulatory expectations
- High level of mechanical aptitude with hazardous materials pumping equipment
- Ability to support a hazardous spill operation in a team environment
- Solid understanding and the ability to engage in a strong safety culture and follow compliance of health and safety regulations
- Strong communication and client relationship skills
- Accuracy/ attention to detail with job-specific procedures and documentation
- Other duties as assigned (Confined space & Industrial services)
Mandatory Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in hazardous materials response
- Previous experience in chemical handling, transferring, and waste management
- Previous experience with the assessment of industrial services
- Ability to follow Environmental Health & Safety programs & procedures.
- Product movement experience (transfers, pumps)
Education & Industry
- Hazardous Materials specific training
- Confined Space Entry/Rescue Certification
- NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Technician Level or greater
- NFPA 472 Tank Car/Tank Truck Specialist is an asset
- Confined Space Entry/Rescue Certification
- Drivers License – Clean abstract (G Class minimum. D Class Preferred)
Hours of Work:
- Full-Time (With requirement to support rotational Emergency “on-call” schedule)
- To be determined based on skills and experience.
We are recruiting to fill a position for a full-time Team Leader – HazMat Technician. To apply, email us a copy of your resume. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO