Respirator Mask Fit-Testing: N95 MASKS
The Canadian Standards Association (Z220.127.116.11) and the Ontario’s Occupational Health & Safety Act (OSHA) state that every worker using a respirator to perform their job must be fit-tested, and employers are required to protect them from potentially hazardous airborne particles including biological or chemical agents. If you’re required to wear an N95 filtering facepiece mask as part of your job, you MUST be fit-tested with the proper make, model and size provided by your employer before it’s first use.
Spartan Response provides Qualitative Respirator Fit-Testing (QLFT), an OSHA approved procedure that relies on the sensory (taste, irritation, smell) response to a particular test agent in order to detect leakage into the respirator. Spartan Response uses two different agents: Saccharin (sweet) and BitrixTM (bitter).
N95 Respirator Fit Testing services take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
- Standard administrative & medical form review
- Instruction on proper inspection, handling, applying/seal & removal
- A series of exercises & breathing to validate a true “fit-to-face”
- Certificate valid for 2 years with optional laminated wallet card
N95 MASKS WE FIT-TEST: We only fit-test N95 filtering face masks approved by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. (NIOSH). It is important to note that N95 masks are designed for one-time use. Only new (never worn) N95 masks will be fit-tested.
Examples of N95 Masks:
- 3M™ Aura™ Particulate Respirator 9205+,
- 3M™ Aura™ Particulate Respirator 1870+,
- 3M 8210
- 3M 8110s (Small faces)
To view the full listing of NIOSH-Approved N95 Respirators, CLICK HERE >
IMPORTANT NOTE ON N95 MASKS: Employers are responsible to provide their employees with NIOSH Approved N95 masks that protect them while on the job. As N95 masks are designed for one-time use, employers should have adequate inventory for the specific make, model and size(s) available for the employee to readily access. An N95 fit test is required to ensure the the employer supplied N95 mask can PASS for a safe seal to the face.
WHO WE FIT-TEST:
- Municipalities & government agencies
- Healthcare sector
- Education sector
- Industrial & commercial environments
Our Respirator Fit-Testing Service Options Include:
Fit-testing done at Spartans’ Hamilton office during regular business hours (9am-5pm). We recommend you call ahead.
$50 + tax (each mask)
Groups (Our Location)
For planned fit-testing, organizations can Request a Quote to book a group (min 5 staff) done at our Hamilton office.
*Pricing: Request A Quote
Groups (Client Location)
For planned fit-testing, organizations can Request a Quote to book a group (min 10 staff) done at a client-specific location.
*Pricing: Request A Quote
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO BOOK FIT-TESTING:
24/7 Response Line: 1-833-573-1010
Email: [email protected]
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
- MUST be clean shaven
- No smoking or eating 30 mins prior
- Know the make/model & size of mask
- Tie back long hair off the face
- If bringing your own mask, ensure it’s clean and in a sealed bag
- COVID-19 protocols in place. Mandatory face masks & medical waiver